While exploring the charms in Beijing, be sure to visit the well-known Great Wall, on which a terrific hiking will definitely relish to your contents. This hiking tour will take you about 8 hours to venture on Great Wall of Jinshanling and Simatai both celebrated for smaller crowds and wild sceneries, during which you are not only expected to discover the true soul of the mysterious wonder, but also be enchanted by the natural beauties unveiling before your eyes.
You will be picked up at the hotel lobby and driven to about 400-year-old Jinshanling Great Wall, the essence of the most amazing defensive work. Your adventurous hiking starts from Jinshanling to Simatai West, both known for their great magnificence and wildness of original state.
The moment you set foot on the ancient bricks, you will be astounded by the breathtaking panoramic views surrounding you. Snaking across the lofty mountains and deep valleys, the solemn wall extends as far as the eye can see. Beacon towers built at intervals out of the distance drive you to move forward. It can be much easier for you to cross the first few watchtowers but then take a deep breath to overcome the following difficulties.
Follow your guide to hike along the winding Wall packed with jumbles of broken bricks and ascend steep stairs to get on top of beacon tower built for military signals along the way. Encounter the precious text bricks and clusters of barrier walls with great historical value. Shoot some great pictures and take some rests during hiking, then move eastward to Simatai. Ramble across the Wall that touches on many watchtowers with different but exquisite shapes, discover the hidden gems with your expert guide and admire the glories of Great Wall over the past centuries. After a long trek, you will get off the wall of Kylin Tower.
Then your exciting hiking comes to an end. Sit back and relax on your way back to your hotel.
1. A pair of comfortable sports shoes is suggested.
2. To protect yourself from sunlight and thorns, long-sleeved shirts and pants are recommended, especially in summer.
3. Prepare some snacks and bottles of water in advance.
4. Use toilets at the entrance of Great Wall of Jinshanling (No toilets on Great Wall) and you need bring some toilet paper.
5. Be aware of safety whenever you climb or shoot pictures.
6. Hiking along Great Wall is energy-consuming, please consider your health condition before choosing this tour.